Location: 4401 Minnehaha Avenue South, Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
This church building was constructed during the baby boom, as one of the many churches built in Longfellow during the two decades following World War II. It was built as the home of Prince of Glory Lutheran Church, originally founded by Czechoslovakian Lutherans in 1957. Prince of Glory closed in the fall of 1999, and the building was purchased by the
Ethiopian Orthodox congregation there today.
Photo: Jane Strauss