The early beginnings of a grain research laboratory—Terminal Elevator Company—a Cargill subsidiary in 1907, renamed Minneapolis Seed Company in 1912, merged into Cargill Incorporated in 1936 and moved to the company’s Minnetonka headquarters in 1956. Cargill is now the largest privately held company in the United States.
Photo: Robin Lietz
More information available in the Minnehaha-Hiawatha Corridor Cultural Resources Inventory.
Minneapolis Seed Company postcard, circa 1910, Minnesota Historical Society Collection: