St. Albert

St.Albert

Location: 2836 33rd Avenue

The school portion of the Church of St. Albert the Great first opened its doors for worship on October 27, 1935. Construction for the existing church building began in 1947. The school portion of the Church ran until 1993. Some point afterwords the Church began renting it out to Minnesota Transitions charter school (the current school running here is Bdote Learning Center). The Church hosts a number of fish fry events throughout the year as well as Oktoberfest.

Photo: Ashley Yellick

Faith and Love

ChristLuthChurch
Location: 3244 34th Ave

Christ Church Lutheran, a historical landmark in Minneapolis, was the last completed design by Eliel Saarinen, a Finnish architect known for his work with art nouveau buildings in the early 20th century. This little “statue” is one of four located on the east wall of one of the rectangular nave structures, which are made of Mankato stone, of the church.

The Church currently undergoing preservation which is funded by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the MN Historical Society.

Photo: Ashley Yellick