Christ Lutheran Church’s sanctuary was designed by Finnish-American architect Eliel Saarinen and built in 1949. In 1962 the congregation hired Mr. Saarinen’s son, Eero Saarinen to complete an educational building. The church remains the only example of the father and son’s individual work combined into one complex. Christ Lutheran Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as well and has been designated a National Historic Landmark.
Photo: Birgit Larson